Sunday, March 22, 2009

Recently one of the most loved radio annoucers passed away and I found an interesting article he wrote that you might find interesting .
How many of you ever listened to Paul Harvey?


If I Were the Devil by Paul Harvey© 1999 WorldNetDaily.com


If I were the devil...
I would gain control of the most powerful nation in the world;
I would delude their minds into thinking that they had come from man's effort, instead of God's blessings;
I would promote an attitude of loving things and using people, instead of the other way around;
I would dupe entire states into relying on gambling for their state revenue;
I would convince people that character is not an issue when it comes to leadership;
I would make it legal to take the life of unborn babies;
I would make it socially acceptable to take one's own life, and invent machines to make it convenient;
I would cheapen human life as much as possible so that the life of animals are valued more than human beings;
I would take God out of the schools, where even the mention of His name was grounds for a lawsuit;
I would come up with drugs that sedate the mind and target the young, and I would get sports heroes to advertise them;
I would get control of the media, so that every night I could pollute the mind of every family member for my agenda;
I would attack the family, the backbone of any nation.
I would make divorce acceptable and easy, even fashionable. If the family crumbles, so does the nation;
I would compel people to express their most depraved fantasies on canvas and movie screens, and I would call it art;
I would convince the world that people are born homosexuals, and that their lifestyles should be accepted and marveled;
I would convince the people that right and wrong are determined by a few who call themselves authorities and refer to their agenda as politically correct;
I would persuade people that the church is irrelevant and out of date, and the Bible is for the naive;
I would dull the minds of Christians, and make them believe that prayer is not important, and that faithfulness and obedience are optional;
I guess I would leave things pretty much the way they are.


These are sobering thoughts aren't they?

Here's a quotation from him describing his entry into the field of radio at age 14:

"As a boy, I fell in love with words and ran away from home and joined the radio."



Harvey is credited with coining or popularizing such terms as "skyjacker," "Reaganomics," and "guesstimate." Do you have any memories or reflections on Paul Harvey's career?


More quotations:


"If there is a 50-50 chance that something can go wrong, then 9 times out of ten it will." - Paul Harvey
"I've never seen a monument erected to a pessimist." - Paul HarveyPaul Harvey ... Good day!
I hope you all are having a Good Day!

14 comments:

Happily Ever After said...

The comments on "If I were the Devil" sounds very familar in comparison to our great nation. Unfortunately so many items on the list are now acceptable today. So sad.

Thank you for sharing.

Many blessings,

Gigi

Linda C said...

This is a sobering article. Mr. Harvey was a wise man a Godly man.

It's sad to know that we will never hear his voice on the radio again. I always felt comforted in hearing his amazing "the rest of the story" --always inspiring.

He will be dearly missed.
Thanks so much for this tribute to him!:)

Blessings,
Linda C

Susan said...

I had never hear this one. Boy, he hit the nail on the head, as always.
Susan

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. I just used regular Valspar (from Lowes) spray paint on my chicken dish. I did not use any primer. I just applied many layers of paint. I did not apply short bursts like the video showed. I did swipes back and forth going past the piece.

Lori said...

Thanks for stopping by! I love your home it is so very beautiful!

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

What a great man Paul Harvey was. I miss him and his honesty and integrity and truthfulness. Thanks for sharing that - it has many very sobering thoughts! Linda

Martha said...

We always enjoyed Paul Harvey -- for a long time he was on when I was out at lunch and I always listened. And that's the "rest of the story"!

Linda C said...

Hi:) I came back by to answer your question-- yes Sophia is our second grand baby:) So I am kind of new at being a Grammy!:)
Sam is starting to repeat what he hears, so we are having a ball with him AND he can say Papa, but not quite Grammy yet:) Can't wait!

Thanks for coming by for a visit- hope you feel right at home:) Come by anytime!

Linda

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

We really liked Paul Harvey, but didn't have many opportunities to hear him. Too bad there aren't more Paul Harveys these days.

I hadn't read this article, it is very sobering, wonder what the liberals would say about that??

Katherine

Susan B said...

I enjoyed listening to Paul Harvey, and will miss him. Especially "The Rest of the Story." Interesting article, and so true, he sure called it right!

Dawn said...

I loved him and his wisdom. I particularly loved the piece I always hear at Christmas on our Christian station called "The Birds." Have you ever heard it?

Is it all right if I share this piece?

Susie Homemaker said...

I used to listen to Paul Harvey with my Dad...
He was such a smart man!

Blessings,
Susie

Anonymous said...

Boy this is scary. Everyone of these things has happened in America now. I'm thinking about putting this on one of my blogs. Everyone should read it.
Charlotte

Shannon said...

My grandparent's LOVED Paul Harvey! Everytime I was in the car with them his radio program was on. I can still hear his voice...