Saturday, March 28, 2009

Planting Gardens

It's almost time to plant gardens, or at least be thinking of doing so.
I came across something to remind us to nurture our daily garden of living. I thought you might like to read it.



Plant three rows of peas:


1. Peas of mind
2. Peas of heart
3. Peas of soul

Plant four rows of squash:


1. Squash gossip
2. Squash indifference
3. Squash grumbling
4. Squash selfishness

Plant four rows of lettuce:

1. Lettuce be faithful
2. Lettuce be kind
3. Lettuce be patient
4. Lettuce really love one another


No garden without turnips:
1. Turnip for meetings
2. Turnip for service
3. Turnip to help one another

To conclude our garden, we must have thyme:

1. Thyme for each other
2. Thyme for family
3. Thyme for friends

Water freely with patience and cultivate with love. There will be much fruit in your life garden because you will surely reap what you sow.
Have a blessed weekend!

10 comments:

Carrie said...

What an inspirational post!! So true!! Thanks very much for sharing!!

Hugs!! Carrie♥

Susan said...

Great reminders.
Susan

STITCHINPRIM said...

What a thoughtful "garden of wisdom". I enjoyed it immensely and will pass it along to my family and friends..
Thanks for sharing ..

Blessings,
Maurine

Pam said...

Hi I came over from Unmatched socks and what a great blog you have. I love this post of gardening! I needed this reminder.
Pam

Heather said...

cute post! what a great inspirational reminder to all of us!

Kristens Creations said...

Thanks for stopping by! I got my curtains last year and really like them, and they were reasonable. Loved your post, great reminders! I also looked at your easter decorations, everything is so cute! Kristen

Celestina Marie said...

Perfect Garden of life. Love this post. Thank you for sharing this.
Thank you for stopping by too and letting me know how your knock out roses did. I am already enjoying them so much. They have bloomed constantly since planted last weekend.
It turned real cold here today, no working outside this weekend.

See you again soon.
Have a great night.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Myra Campbell Phillips said...

I found this same saying in an old church cookbook recently. Thanks so much for the reminder! It truly is a great recipe!!!!

Happy@Home said...

What an inspiring post and a sweet way to remember the truly important things in life.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I like your garden!

Katherine