Monday, March 31, 2008
I used to have more country but a few years ago we went to the Old World feel.
We used to have an eight point buck mounted in there until it started to deteriorate (got old and scruffy looking). Needless to say that had to go. Hubby was very good about it I must say!
It's been fun to collect some of the things in that room.
Friday, March 28, 2008
The years go by so quickly girls. Enjoy all you can with your children. Love You.
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Monday, March 24, 2008
1. I am the middle child of five. I have an older sister & brother. Two younger brothers.
2. I used to be a secretary for 9 years at Parke Davis & Co. ( Pharmaceutical) in Detroit , MI.
3. I went to an Ann Murray Concert recently. It is her last concert tour.
4. I had lunch with Astronaut Jon McBride at Kennedy Space Center
5. I paint and did craft shows for 12 years to help my girls through college.
6. My husband and I were just asked to go on a mission trip to Egypt in October.
7. I had out of town company at least once a month in 2007. It was like having a bed &breakfast.
8. I have had the opportunity to meet President Bush and recently met Sen. McCain.
Sarah and Jonas came to dinner. Sarah's husband, Joe is a policeman and had to work. Aren't we thankful for those that serve and protect us!
Jonas had so much fun looking for the plastic eggs hidden around the house. He was quite good at it, being he's only 20 mos. old. He knew by shaking them there was something inside. I had put Gold Fish, edibles of course, and little star shaped treats inside for him. He was so excited he could hardly contain himself.
We had gotten him a new pop-up tent and it was almost as could as a playpen! He loved taking his toys and sitting in it. Papa couldn't help himself and popped inside for a visit. It was a little crowded.
Enjoy your week!
Friday, March 21, 2008
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
The date of this coming Easter is quite early this year (March 23). Below is some interesting information as to why.
Unlike many others holidays on our western calendar which are celebrated on a specific date or on an easily calculated day - like Christmas on December 25 or Thanksgiving on the fourth Thursday in November (that is, until Congress changes those dates too!) - Easter moves around from year to year to preserve its relationship to certain astrological phenomena. Easter, the celebration of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, occurred on the Sunday following Passover. Easter is always the first Sunday after the first full moon after the Spring Equinox (which is usually March 20, sometimes March 21). This dating of Easter is based on the lunar calendar that the Hebrew people use to identify Passover. This is why it moves around on our Roman calendar. The earliest that Easter can occur is March 22, and the latest is April 25.
This year is the earliest Easter any of us will see the rest of our lives! And only the most elderly of our population have only ever seen it this early once before (see below). And none of us have ever seen or will ever see it a day earlier (March 22).
Here are the facts:
1. The next time Easter will be this early will be the year 2160 (152 years from now). The last time it was this early (March 23) was 1913. So if you’re 95 or older, you are the only ones that were around for that, and probably don’t even remember it!
2. The next time it will be a day earlier, March 22, will be in the year 2285 (277 years from now). The last time it was on March 22 was 1818. So, obviously no one alive today has seen it that early, and barring some major breakthrough in longevity, no one currently alive will ever see Easter any earlier than this year!
3. The odds are greater for those now living to have seen or to see Easter on its latest date possible date (April 25) since it happened in 1943 and will happen again in 2038. Since I’d be pushing 90 in 2038, I hope I am “with it” to know what’s going on around me! Who knows, I may be hiding my own Easter eggs by then!
If you’re interested in reading about the date of Easter and seeing the date in any particular year from 1700 to 2299, you can go to this link http://www.assa.org.au/edm.html It’s a long page with lots of information.
Monday, March 17, 2008
Friday, March 14, 2008
Thursday, March 13, 2008
With the release of the movie on April 4th soon approaching, it's all the "buzz" around town. Many locals were cast as extras for many of the scenes. Others had their old cars used in the movie, as it takes place in the 1920's about a football team.
People could watch the filming, mingle and talk with the stars including Renee Zel*weger.
My hubby and I got to meet him when he was just scouting out the town. He was very kind and accommodating, --and yes he is just as good looking in person.