Tuesday, March 31, 2009

More Little Projects

This is a picture of the kitchen taken in the Fall. The builder had gold knobs on the cabinets, as well as cheaper light fixtures in the house. We replaced the light fixtures a while back but had done nothing with the knobs. They were the only gold accents left in the kitchen since we went with brown toned fixtures.


While Ceekay of Thinkin' of Home was visiting in '07 she said I should change out the knobs. Well, being there were 52 knobs and the expense to change them, we didn't make it a priority then. Low and behold, I was at Walmart recently and saw they had 10 knobs in a pkg. for half the price of Home Depot. Now the idea was becoming attractive. (click to enlarge)
I bought them and brought them home and started switching them out. Hubby was at an appt. somewhere and I thought I would surprise him.

Notice I left one on above the microwave to show the difference.



There were 8 more on the pass through counter.
Here's a couple of different shots of the new brown knobs.


What do you think? Does it make a difference? Hubby came home and didn't even notice them right away. I think he got in the cupboards twice before he finally noticed. lol


Hope your week is happy and productive. Thanks for stopping by.

18 comments:

Carrie said...

52?!?!? OH.MY.GOODNESS That is alot of knobs!! But I LOVE how it turned out!!

Hugs!! Carrie♥

Heather said...

they look great. your kitchen is gorgeous!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Of course they look better! And much faster than painting 52 knobs!! I really got to go into business....!!

Susie Homemaker said...

Little changes make the biggest impact...they look great!

Blessings,
Susie

Susan said...

Yes it makes a very distinct difference.
Susan

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I'm really impressed that you changed all of them out yourself, you go girl! That's funny Tom didn't notice them for a while! They look great!

Katherine

Sue said...

What a lovely kitchen you have. The knobs give it a nice accent. Great find.
Hugs,
sue

Melissa Miller said...

Ha! My hubby would take a year to notice if I changed ours. LOL! :)

You did a great job.
They look gorgeous in the Brown color.

Karen said...

It's the little things . .. and that's a Man for ya! (hehehe) Love it! Good job! Karen

Lois Christensen said...

Isn't it amazing what a difference knobs can make?? We did the same thing, only our builder put no knobs in so we went and spent a fortune on brass ones 5 years ago, only to this year change it all again! Your's look really good. Love the dark color.

Ruth Welter said...

Thank you for your visit and sweet comment. Wow, your whole kitchen is beautiful!!! Nice to meet you.

Ruth

Joyce said...

Great kitchen and home and the knobs do make a difference.
Joyce

debbie Peterson said...

Came to your site from BeautifulPeartreelane!!!I think we might live close.I live outside Greenville.Loved looking at all your pics...Beautiful home,Have been married myself for almost 37 years...(hard to believe) with 4 married children and soon to be 10 grands...One day will start my own blog....one day!!!!Will come back soon...Debbie at Email:Engrdad@charter.net

The Barkers said...

Now that's funny. I noticed first thing when I walked in your kitchen one day! Yes it makes a big difference!

Shannon said...

I think they make big difference! They look great!

Rhondi said...

Changing out the knobs makes a big difference in a kitchen. I like how yours looks. My husband wouldn't have noticed them either.

Stephens said...

I love it! I think the new knobs make a big difference. It's much better than the gold. How funny about Dad. hee hee

Linda C said...

I like the new ones! You have a beautiful kitchen:)

Linda C