Monday, March 9, 2009

Picture Gallery Wall Makeover

A few years ago we moved into our house. It had builders white wash on the walls and it took us a few years to paint each room one at a time the colors we wanted. This is a pic of the family room before we painted it green. It also had a mixture of family photos and an angel I painted. It didn't really do a thing for the room.
I never really like the collage and wanted something different but had to wait until I found the right frames. Last year I found them at Kirkland on sale and finally redid the wall. By then we had the green paint on the walls and some crown molding was added. I wasn't completely happy with the grand daughters matte being the only beige one so I changed it to white, like the others. Today I added the final touch to the wall. I love the lettering you can find at Hobby Lobby and other stores. Have you seen them?

Last week they were on sale for half off. They are fairly easy to put up if you take the time to measure and rub so they adhere to the wall. They make a great addition, I think. Does anyone else have them in their home?

Hope you have a great week and thanks for visiting.

19 comments:

Susan said...

Oh the lettering tops that wall off perfectly.
Susan

Lois Christensen said...

Love it!! I have seen the lettering before but was unsure if it really would work. Now I see it does!!! Great job!

STITCHINPRIM said...

What a difference it made and I love the way you have them arranged.. the "family " was the perfect addition to it all.
Love the color of walls too. You did a great job and it's a wonderful assortment of family pictures..

Maurine

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

The wall decor looks great! The Family lettering is perfect in that spot!

Katherine

Heather said...

i love that green on the wall! the pictures look great. i love the lettering you put up too.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Love it Ro....it really looks rich and elegant that way!

Linda said...

I sure like the green you put on your walls...it looks like it goes great with the striping on the couch.

I've seen lettering around, mainly on blogs but would love to do somethng of that sort in my home too...unfortunately, no Hobby Lobby's are in the state of CA! I always stop at the one in CO when I go visit my parents there. I just love that store!

kari and kijsa said...

this looks wonderful! Love the lettering!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Melissa Miller said...

~Beautiful wall color and lettering.

Your home has a warm and welcoming feeling.

Wonderful post!

Celestina Marie said...

Thank you for the birthday greetings. You are so kind. I love your green wall and photo gallery. I also love the wall words. I tried one in my home, but our walls are a special custom texture and nothing will stick. So I ended up putting my word on a tray. I have to write freehand with paint or write it on the computer first and trace it to the wall. Your wall is really finished so nicely with the word in the center.

Your front yard looks so nice and ready for spring. Such a difference from the snow pictures.

Have a nice week.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Linda C said...

Your make over looks great! I love the shade of green you chose and the lettering adds the beautiful finishing touch:)

Linda C

The Barkers said...

Very pretty! I love the lettering.

Monica said...

Hi! I just stumbled into your blog and I'm liking what I see.I love the new wall,it looks great!I've also been thinking about buying those rub-ons,thanks for sharing.

Happy@Home said...

What a difference the green makes on your walls. Very pretty and the lettering is the crowning touch. I have never used it, but have seen it on other blogs and always like the way it looks.

Shannon said...

They look great and I love that green! I love the wall words too!

Mrs.T said...

The lettering is such a perfectly beautiful finishing touch. I love it! Thanks for sharing.

And thanks for stopping by my kitchen table to see my show & tell too. Stop by anytime!

God bless,
Mrs.T

Happily Ever After said...

The lettering looks wonderful. This was the perfect accent to the wall with the pictures.

Gigi

joyh82 said...

I just love the lettering you added. With my luck I would get it up and it would be crooked.
Your wall looks great!

LBP said...

I love your family photo wall!