Friday, March 28, 2008

Show & Tell








I'm late, I'm late. I feel like Alice in Wonderland. The day goes by so fast, doesn't it? I wanted to try my hand at show & tell for the first time. I decided to show an old, very old china cabinet I found at an estate sale about 20 years ago. It was about 100 years old then. A retired gentlemen said it had belonged to his mother, which was now deceased. Sad to see him have to part with her things.

It has held everything from my children's music trophies, china to now bath towels in our bathroom.

It has the beveled glass and grooves for plates. It locks on the top and bottom of the doors.

9 comments:

Susan said...

How lovely and how quaint to use it for towels!!!
Susan

cherished*vintage said...

That is a beautiful cabinet! I'm sure the older man would be happy to know that you have enjoyed it so much over the years. It's a wonderful keepsake!
-Karoline

JEWELGIRL said...

Is this a library cabinet? It
is a beautiful cabinet.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Welcome to Kelli's Show and Tell!

That is a beautiful china cabinet! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Katherine

Bunny Chic Boutique said...

Beautiful Cabinet and doesn't look a day over 40 years old. :)

Also LOVE your bunnies that you painted!

Bunny Blessings ~

Jayne

Constance said...

What a find! It's sad to think of something like that slipping away from someone's family! That would kill me if that had happened to some of my grandmother's stuff! I am always on the lookout for an antique Barrister's Bookcase. I think I'll have to hit an estate sale, I'd probably get a better deal on one!
Connie

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I just looooooove your cabinet. It would look great in my house! It looks great in your room! Thanks for sharing.

The Barkers said...

I CAN'T WAIT TILL ITS MINE ONE DAY!! It has always been one of my favorite pieces of furniture growing up! :-)
Thanks for the hand-me-down I got today! :-)

Kelli said...

Welcome to show and tell! The cabinet is beautiful and you have your special things displayed beautifully!
~Kelli