Friday, March 21, 2008

The Equinox and Eggs

You're probably wondering what do these two things have in common.

Today is the vernal equinox. This is where there is the same amount of daylight as there is darkness. It's suppose to have some magical property on this day to allow you to stand eggs on end.

My son-in-law and I have a little competition every year to see how many eggs each of us can stand on end. He has always beaten me, as I have only had 8 stand at one time.
Let me know how you all do. By the way, snopes.com says you can do this any day of the year, who knew? I just looked it up.

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

How interesting. I've never seen anyone do that with eggs. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the nice comment.
Blessings to you for a wonderful Easter.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Are you kidding me? So you didn't win again? I can't believe you do that....I would have them all over the floor

Stephens said...

Can you believe it? We didn't even do this this year. Too much going on. . . . :-)