Saturday, May 14, 2011

Hail Storm

I hope you're all having a good weekend! It's been beautiful here since Tuesday...that is!

Tuesday night, Hubby and I were in the kitchen getting ready to eat dinner and heard some unusual sound hitting the house. I said, " What is that! Hubby said, "Oh, it's raining." I said to myself that is not rain and ran to the window and what to my eyes appeared?????? HAIL!



One car was in the garage and the other sitting outside. Yes, it got some dings in it.



It was accumulating fast! This is a flower bed in the front of the house that was getting pounded on. We found a dead Robin laying here when it was all over. I guess it encountered a piece of hail, poor thing.




Backyard pics.




The hail was the size of golf balls.




It broke flowers and knocked a lot of leaves off the trees but did not break anything else.



Hubby went out and scooped up a couple of pieces and took these pictures. Look how jagged they are.









I know some of you have been in the paths of really strong storms lately. We've been praying for you.

I'm joining Susan @A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday.



Thanks for stopping and stay safe!

14 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Ouch!!

Kristens Creations said...

That hail is scary looking! I've never seen it that jagged. Poor little robin...The hail we got a few weeks ago wasn't quite that big, but beat my flowers down too.

It looked like you had a great time with Ceekay, how nice to be able to spend time with a good friend.Oh, and I loved your tablescape! Thanks for your visit!! Kristen

Anonymous said...

Wow! what a storm and that's some pretty big sized hail! Poor little bird. That just makes me so sad when I see a dead bird. Sorry your car got some dings!
Thanks for popping in to see me and hope your weekend is going well.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Oh man... poor little robin. I've been watching a next outside my window all week and I feel so protective of them now (babies and parents alike).

I have never seen hail that looked so jagged before. Amazing. Glad you took photos. Hope the damage to your house and vehicle wasn't too bad.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Wow! That is some hail! Your yard is beautiful though and really big!
Hugs,
Cindy

Happy@Home said...

We've had quite a bit of rain, but thankfully not the hail. Your hail was big and I've never seen it jagged like that. What a shame about your car and the poor little robin.
Here's hoping for sunny skies this week.

Marlis said...

Yeah, we have been without rain, but we know that it's spring in Texas.. so that means if the rains come so does the hail. We had some bitty hail the other morning, but it wasn't hardly anything. Sorry about your car :-(... and all the pretty flowers and the poor robin.. Have a blessed week.

Entertaining Women said...

Wonderful use of color....the moss covered egg is a lovely touch. Thank you for sharing your wonderful design and the Cranberry/Orange Chicken. I'll give it a try. Cherry Kay

Entertaining Women said...

Just realized that my comment on your table somehow posted on your "Hail Storm" story. Sorry. We had a huge hail storm last spring. The insurance settlement was $100,000., and that was the case for thousands and thousands of homeowners in our area. Glad that your damage was not too extensive. Cherry Kay

xinex said...

Wow! Those are a good sized hail. I am glad you did not get hit by them...Christine

xinex said...

You made it just in time for the giveaway. I just rolled all the paper with names and put them in a box to have my mother draw one when I got your comment, so I added yours. Thanks for entering....Christine

Sweet Meanderings said...

I've never seen hail that jagged! I'm glad you weren't out in it!
Candy

Linda said...

Ouch! Oh my goodness...I have never seen hail like that before! It is raining here...just a gentle rain, but it's been at it for 3 days!

Rodney Orton said...

Hail storms are pretty scary, and the thought of getting peppered with them sends shivers down my spine. It's just like getting hit with paintballs, without any protective gear. And I hope the damage it caused to your place isn't that huge.

Also, poor little robin.:<