Monday, August 24, 2009

A Day At The Lake

Hi Everyone,
I know I haven't posted in awhile. Summer is a lazy, busy time. Is that an oxymoron? I hope to get to posting a little more regularly.

Here's some of what's been happening. Some sweet friends invited us to go to Lake Jocasse and spend the day on their boat. Part of the lake is in SC and part in NC. It is truly breathtaking! We had a wonderful day of sun, boating, picnicking, fishing and seeing waterfalls.

Thanks Debbie and Dick! Hubby and I enjoying the ride.

They took us to a small inland to have lunch with our very own waterfall. Can't beat that for uniqueness and beauty.
It fell into a pond, almost at our feet, while we ate. They took sling chairs and plenty of food. They thought of everything.


Hubby and I just had to go behind the waterfall and have our picture taken.



We watched construction on a 7,000 sq. ft house. What a view they are going to have.






Hubby and I on the boat doing a little fishing. It was a very hot day and the fish were deep down trying to stay cool and not biting. Some spots are 200 to 300 ft. deep.


We stumbled upon another waterfall.




Not many boats on the lake that day and the water was calm.

Well we are speeding off the lake before it gets too dark.



How have you been enjoying your summer?

11 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Well, NOT on a lake - sweating mostly!
Looks so beautiful!!

Heather said...

wow, what a place to visit! that house is going to be beautiful. and all those waterfalls! thanks for sharing your pictures with us :)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place! Glad you're having fun this summer! Love your boat pictures and getting behind the waterfall was a great idea!
Be a sweetie and it was so good to hear from you,
Shelia ;)

Karen said...

I still am cracking up over your last post. My husband got the BIGGEST kick out of that. Every once in a while somebody posts something that I just HAVE to share with him. Yours fit the bill perfectly.
Well, as for this post, what a beautiful place!! How nice to have friends that you can just go out and enjoy the day with, and go somewhere special.
Beautiful shots.

Linda said...

It looks like you had a wonderful day with great friends, good food, and beautiful scenery! What more could you ask for! Well maybe you could ask for fish that bite!

Have a great week!

Dawn said...

It must have felt great under that waterfall on such a hot day! What a fun time with good friends.

I said it one day on Facebook that whoever wrote "Summer Time and the Livin is Easy" didn't have a clue!

Nancy Rosalina said...

OH what a beautiful place to visit...Thanks so much for sharing your day with us! Nancy

Happy@Home said...

I have not heard of this lake, but it looks beautiful. I love the mountain views and the waterfalls are spectacular. I can't think of a nicer setting for a lunch on the lake.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your summer.

joyh82 said...

Wow that looks like a fun place to be and very pretty waterfalls too!

Sue said...

Hello, sweet friend,
I am trying to catch up on some of your previous posts, and I enjoyed everyone of them especially the one on Cash for clunker, sounds like me or should I say car. LOL
Wishing your daughter and husband a very belated but Happy Anniversary, a beautiful couple, and that wedding gown absolutely beautiful.

Loved the post on all of the painting you both did, We haven't had time to do any of ours and boy do they need it. Are you available? LOL

Last but not least, your trip to the lake looks like such a relaxing time for you all, the scenery was beautiful, especially the waterfalls.

I will try and not be so poking about visiting, hopefully when I finish cleaning the house things will slow down for me.
Blessings,
Sue

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Looks like you had a fun day at a beautiful place! Love the waterfall picture, did you get soaked?

Katherine