Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Good, Bad and Worse

Yesterday started out with Bible Study at church and then off to a sheep farm no less. Friends of ours made a Thanksgiving dinner with all the fixins and invited us to see their 48 acres of land and sheep. They have a beautiful house and scenery that is pretty in every direction you look. We learned some interesting facts about sheep that I never knew before. They have many lambs that are born every year. One night nine were born in an hour.

They have many Rams. Some are sold for $800.00 a piece. The bigger the horns the more valuable they are. One ram can mate about 100 ewes. (busy fellow) I bet you didn't know that tidbit. lol Their horns are 32" or more from base around to the tip. I think you can see the horns in pic below.

The houses in the background are rentals on their property.


They can have anywhere from 200 to 400 on the farm at a time. They sell the rams to hunting preserves.

That's for the good news.-- The bad news is while we were there, hubby got a call from the cardiologist about a stress test he had done on Mon. There was an abnormality showing on the back side of the heart and he wanted us in the office by 3:45. ( If you remember he had heart surgery this past Oct. and had been doing very well and in rehab. )
At the dr. office he explained that there may not be enough blood getting to the back side of the heart.
He is going back into the hospital tomorrow (Thurs.) and have a heart cath. done to see exactly what is going on and what they need to do about it. They will take care of it while he is in though. We would appreciate your prayers if you think of us. I'm not sure when I will get to post again but will update you as soon as I can.
The day did not get better when I received a call from my best friend Ceekay telling me results of her dr. visit. She has been battling ovarian cancer for a couple of years now. She has some new growths which will require more surgery. She needs and appreciates our prayers.
I hope you are all doing well and enjoying your week. I appreciate each one of you!

9 comments:

Heather said...

I did not know that about sheep and rams. how interesting. I'm sorry your husband has to go back in for more testing. I'll will add him into my prayers along with CeeKay.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Yep, yesterday was a red letter day! You know we are in prayer regarding hubby. Love you both.

Kristens Creations said...

Thanks for your visit! That was an interesting fact about the sheep. I will be praying for your hubby and Cheekay. you are going through alot right now, I will pray for you too. Kristen

Lois Christensen said...

Loved the pictures of the sheep farm. Will be in prayer for you hubby tomorrow and of course for CeeKay!

Happy@Home said...

I am so sorry to hear this news about your husband. I will pray for him and also for you. I just left Ceekay's blog and, of course, will pray for her as well.

Hugs,
Kim

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I'm glad I turned on the computer tonight, but sorry to hear the news about Tom. We will be praying hard for him!! We love him and want him well!! Please keep us informed!

Katherine

Susan said...

Oh I'm so sorry about this latest attack on your husband. Know that you both will be in my prayers.
Susan

Kathy said...

We're praying for your hubby and you already know we're praying for our mutual friend CeeKay! Don't foget that God is still in control of it all.
xo...Kathy

Miss Janice said...

I'm just now reading this and your latests post. Glad your husband is going to be alright! Thank the Lord!