Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Decorating Class

For those of you that are regular visitors, you may remember a few wks. ago I taught a decorating class to some ladies at our church. I was a bit nervous and stressed, as I was leaving the next morning for CA to help our daughter who had a recent surgery.

The Lord is good and all went well. There was some good feedback and the ladies seemed to enjoy it.

Here they were getting some refreshments before we got started. They sat around in the family room while I spoke. I gave them outlines and pages of helpful hints on decorating.

Two of the ladies.




A group on the other side of the room.


Posing with some refreshments.




I had two tablescapes ready for them to view. Here's one in the kitchen.
Another in the Dining room. (I have since put the bunnies away)



I appreciate each of you that visit and your sweet comments.

8 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

I would have enjoyed that visit with you! What great ideas I could have learned! Your house is always decorated so beautifully and you set such a pretty table! Lovely pictures! Thanks for sharing them!

Linda C said...

What a great idea! Bless you for sharing your decorating knowledge and being a mentor to others!

Your home is just beautiful! Love the tablescapes too!

Linda C

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

First a ladie's evening on decorating, next...a book!! Soon, I can say, I knew her when!

Karen said...

What a wonderful thing for you to do! I loved it! I think you should feel pride and happiness with your beautiful home.
Great post!
Have a great day! Karen

Nancy Rosalina said...

Oh I wish I could have been there...how much fun you all must have had!!! Looks like a great turn out too!! Nancy

Melissa Miller said...

How fun!
I would like to attend something like that.

Your home and everyone looks gorgeous in all the photos.

Have a blessed weekend.
~Melissa :)

Melissa Miller said...

Oops. We used command hooks to hang it. It's holding up very well.

Miss Janice said...

Oh, I want to go to one these parties!!! Looks like it was sooo much fun--what a great idea.