Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Decor

Hi Everyone,

I can almost hear all the hustle and bustle going on at every one's house right now. It's a busy time of the year, for sure.

The cooking, shopping, Christmas card letter writing and all the daily chores are keeping us hopping, aren't they?
I just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and may you enjoy the day with family and friends reflecting on all that we have to be grateful for.
I just wanted to share a couple of things I have painted that I set around at this time of year. They help to make it a little festive & fun.

A set of chunky pilgrims. Maybe they had too much stuffing.


Another pilgrim couple. The woman is carrying the pie and he has silverware in hand, ready to dig in. Soooo typical. (smile)

This is a shot with candles that are really too tall for them.

I think my favorite is this scarecrow. His expression and the saying on the sign says it all.

Thanks for stopping. See ya all next week.

10 comments:

Tammy said...

Adorable!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

The Berry's Patch said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Cute decorations. :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you. Your decorations are cute. This is a busy but happy time of year.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Anonymous said...

These little things are precious! Happy Thanksgiving to you!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Celestina Marie said...

Oh how adorable your painted treasures are. I love each one. You are so talented!
Thank you for stopping by and your kind comment.
I hope you and yours have a special day and sending best wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving.
Hugs, Celestina
la rea rose

Darlene said...

Those are adorable Thanksgiving decorations! Hope you are having a great turkey day!!!

Elaine said...

Love your chunky pilgrims!

Connie said...

I made the same pilgrim couple years ago in a tole painting class. I live in Riverside..hope you enjoyed the visit. Are your kids involved in a church plant here? If so, which one? COnnie

kari and kijsa said...

Hope you had a memorable and blessed Thanksgiving!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Miss Janice said...

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!