Friday, September 17, 2010

Cabin in the Woods

CAUTION: You are about to enter the PICTURE zone!
I have a lot of pics in this post. You may want to grab a cup of Joe. lol

We arrived in Gatlinburgh to stay a couple of nights in this cabin in the woods. My brother rented it from the Internet..site unseen. My sis-in-law told me not to fear if it wasn't clean they would not be staying. They arrived a few days before us.


There are references to foxes or bears everywhere. Oh MY!



Beautiful streams and scenery!


Plenty of little critters as well as big critters. This is a friendly one.




This one not so much! lol




We enjoyed the relaxed pace and sat on the porch for hours.



This is the road that led to the cabin.


It was very nice and well stocked with dishes and utensils.
Notice the french doors in this next pic. It made my hubby nervous at night because the bears were right outside at times in our garbage. Notice the grill right outside the doors. We used it one night. Talk about luring the bears right to you. Yikes! lol


The cabin had two bathrooms, two bedrooms, a kitchen, living room, wrap around porch and a jacuzzi outside. I passed on that one! I didn't want to be out there where I couldn't escape a bear approaching.







We drove through Cade's Cove one day. It's very scenic. You'll see horses roaming, deer walking around, people hiking and yes, bears!




This is an old church at the Cove.






A park ranger riding her bike. I wouldn't be able to handle that job because the BEARS are walking around. It doesn't bother her--she's a happy camper.



Speaking of......we spotted a bear way up in the tree eating berries of some sort. Enlarge pic and right in the center you will see a black blob. lol





We watched" her", it- for a while. I guess she was full and decided to take a nap because she just flopped on the branch and let her arms and legs hang down. I felt the same way after a big meal. lol She was drawing a crowd and everyone was snapping pics.



We were driving down this road and hubs spotted a bear leisurely walking in the woods.


Hubs jumps out, against my advice of course, camera aiming for the next two pics.


I yelled, "I'm glad the life insurance is paid up!" lol
He got pretty close.



One night we went to Dixie Stampede! Have you ever been there? It has an amazing show, fantastic food, and great servers.
Here's a pic of the arena. We could only take pics before the show.
They use beautiful horses, cattle and covered wagons for part of the show. It's unique for sure.
You face the arena with a ledge in front of you for your food. You eat while enjoying the show. They serve a large Cornish hen, barbecue pork, corn, homemade rolls, soup, baked potato and apple turnover. I had to bring half home with me. lol



Oh, I forgot, they serve plenty of iced tea in mason jars, of course.

They have rodeo relays and many other events in the show.



If you survived to the end, I want to thank you for staying and for each comment you leave.
I hope you all have a safe & great weekend! Till next time!


19 comments:

NanaNor's said...

Hi, I loved all the photos-and you made me laugh at your fear(um, concern)for seeing bears up close and personal. AS long as they're not grizzlys I wouldn't be as nervous but we all have things we aren't comfortable with. What a wonderful time-makes me want to go stay there.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I have never seen a bear except for at a zoo. They were in Wisconsin, but I never saw one. I don't know...I think I would have used the jacuzzi!!

Sue said...

Oh what a fun trip- sometimes it's better to go in a small group- makes for more interesting conversation and parties! LOL You had beautiful scenery, that's for sure. Bears, not withstanding. And I haven't been to a rodeo of sorts since I was a little girl and got to see my hero, Roy Rogers at the State Fair! I loved Trigger... Hope all is well w/you. It's been hectic around this household, to say the least.
~ Sue

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Sounds like you had a great time! What wonderful scenery!The bears would scare me too!Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the nice comment!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! Great looking place! You guys just have too much fun!!

I wouldn't like the bears either!

Katherine

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Great looking cabin. I love Gatlinburg and Cades cove. Good bear sighting pics. We went to the Dixie Stampede in Myrtle Beach.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Girlfriend,
Love the pics of your Gatlinburg trip. The cabin looks amazing. How relaxing to sit on that porch. I could be there for hours.
Great pic of the bear too. He looks like a young one.

We have also been to Dixie Stampede. Great place!!
How did your August University appt. go? I got your email and will email back in a bit. I am out the door to ship to Italy.

Going back to read more posts I have missed of yours. It has been crazy busy here too and I have missed visiting.
Thank you for stopping by and entering my giveaway. Good Luck.
Big hugs and Blessings,
Celestina Marie

Unknown said...

Hi my name is Karen from
http://glassofsweettea.blogspot.com/
I come to you via Sue,, and I see a few of my other friends on your comment listing.. I just wanted to introduce myself.. I love that cabin.. how pretty that is.. and the picture of that winding road below.. was just so pretty. It brought back memeory of my childhood, visiting my grandparents is WV.. all the winding roads we would drive every year to see them..
well i enjoyed my visit and hope you will stop by to visit me as well when you get time..
Have a blessed weekend

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a wonderful place, maybe except the bears! That's amazing that you were so close and the one in the tree is pretty funny! :)
What a pretty cabin you stayed in. I hope your time was so relaxing. Thanks for popping in to see our little Carter.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Unknown said...

Hey.. I that is funny , the things we have in common. I was born here in Fla (about 2 hours away from Ocala ,in answer to your question)
My roots come from WV.. my mom was born in Coal City WV, just out side of Beckley.. And my Daddy come from Ga.. so I am a southern hick..lol
I am excited to get to know you better..and share even more things in common.. God has lead me to some wonderful new girlfriends in God through Blogging..and I just added another one to my list..
Have a blessed weekend..

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Thank you for stopping by! Oh, I just love Cades Cove. Such a beautiful place to take in. Great pics!

We used to see bears all the time when I was growing up & we visited the mountains.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

So fun!
Hubby and I were there about 11 years ago when our kids were still little. It was a great trip!
Do you know I have bears right in my yard? Last summer I saw 3, one right in the middle of the day.
This year I haven't yet but my mail lady saw a Mother Bear with her two cubs. It is a bit freaky at times.
Enjoyed the tour!

Sue said...

Rose,
I felt like I was there with you, and since it looks as though we won't be going to the mountains this year, I will enjoy your trip.
Beautiful place you stayed at, and I just had to click on the pic. of the bear stretched out on the limb, Priceless!! lol
I am so glad you are back, I have missed you .
Your header of fall in your home is beautiful. I haven't finished mine as I am nursing a large burn on my hand that happened the day I finished canning my meat sauce. Thankful it is doing better.
Enjoy this beautiful Sunday.
Hugs,
Sue

Bring Pretty Back said...

What a beautiful cabin! I am picking up you are a bit afraid of bears! heehee!
We just came back from a trip to the Upper peninsuala in michigan, and we were hoping to spot a bear. No luck for us though!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Lois Christensen said...

I always love your photos. When we lived in Northern NJ we had tons of bears wandering around, always getting into the garbage, awful.

Loved the cabin! So pretty!

You always take the best trips!

Melissa Miller said...

WOW! Rose it is all so scenic and just breathtaking. Gorgeous photos.

Happy Fall! ~Melissa :)

Susan Graham said...

my heart skipped a beat! these are soooo beautiful! they aren't my fave style, but what you did with them is incredible. you are seriously talented, and never undervalue yourself just to make sales- know your worth in this world! the right customers always do come along, given time. and don't you want your pieces to go to the right people who will LOVE them and appreciate them like you do? of course ya do.

salvaged wood furniture said...

I just love your blog and I think your article is so awesome!! I love antiques and what a way to go green!! I think the towels would just be so adorable also. Thanks for sharing the story about how it was made. Makes it that more special! Take care, Fran.

Susan Graham

Amberkder said...

Low prices: This is the best thing about the online stores; In fact it is their USP. Aftermarket batteries will usually cause little less money compared to the OEM program. Electro computer warehouse efforts according to demands of their viewers. You are a learner or student, house wife or home based earner, a business executive or any other expert, or whether you are a doctor or researcher, we make available complete variety of very reasonably priced products.