Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Enjoying the Outdoors

After being gone on a long trip away from home things needed trimming, deadheading and some plants needed to be replaced.

We've finished doing just that-right in time for Outdoor Wednesday hosted by Susan at A Southern Daydreamer. Please pop over for lots of inspiration.


This is our patio and backyard. It's been so hot, we can only use it in the mornings and maybe lunch. (Depending on the humidity ).

We bought new urns after returning home and put in plants that don't need as much attention. No pinching, shedding, etc. Frankly, I was done with that. lol


Our Bistro table set.



When we added this patio a few years ago I designed it curving out. Just right for a little table.




We put a Gazebo at one end to have a shaded area to sit under.




It's been a great place to host birthdays, graduations and family get togethers.







My new pots.





We redid the front landscaping this Spring with new, smaller plants and everything is growing and doing well, despite the intense heat.






I changed this urn recently and put in Purslane. They are really heat tolerant.


How would you like to be asked to water this neighbor's flowers while they vacationed! lol

You would surely need a tall ladder.




My ferns have done great with all the humidity! Pretty soon I won't be able to get in the front door.













I hope you and your plants are surviving this heat wave. Thanks for your visit!

Until next time---Stay Safe!

7 comments:

Happy@Home said...

Everything is looking nice in your yard despite this heat and humidity. Your patio is great. I like all the different areas for sitting and eating and also the gazebo. You did a nice job planning it.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Your grass looks like carpet. I love your nice big private backyard. Our grass in the back has literally been taken over by weeds again and we are sick of fighting them. I think next year we will replace it with bermuda sod instead of fescue. The drought the last three years was really bad for the fescue in the back. We have centipede and bermuda out front. Your flowers and pots all look great.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Very pretty! We haven't used our lanai in a long time because of the heat! I miss it! I especially miss not being able to sit out there in the swing!

Katherine

Light and Voices said...

Such a lovely yard.
Joyce M

Dana~HomespunTreasures said...

I just LOVE your patio!!! What a wonderful place to relax. Your grass is beautiful looks like there are no weeds in sight...I wish I could say that. I really like your new urn's and I see you planted some sweet potato vine. I planted some this year and it is HUGE!!!

Blessings,
Dana

Linda said...

You have quite a lovely yard. Your lawn is amazing. Thanks for sharing!!

Lori said...

Fabulous place to have fun or rest!! Very humid where i live and the mosquitoes, are killers!! Lori