Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Backyard, Families & Parties

It's been very busy at our house. Family members came in from different states for my husband's big 60 celebration. Our daughter and family came from MI and my Mom arrived from FL.
It's a combination of his birthday and our daughter coming home before her family moves to San Bernadino, CA in July. Her husband has accepted a Senior Pastorate position to church plant there. They will have many adjustments in the next few months but we know the Lord is leading. They are so willing to follow. I'm very thankful they are.

With all that's going on I chose to post something that was easy for me this week.

It's warm and steamy in SC. It's about 95 and humidity is very high. It's hard to get out and do very much outside unless it's early or late in the day. I thought I'd show some of the patio and things out back. In a day or two I'll post again and show the rest of the back yard that we finished 3 wks. ago ( getting ready for the party).

A few years ago we moved into this house and a couple of years after that we decided to extend our patio from a little slab to the length of our house and out quite a few feet. The first pic is digging up the sod and getting the ground prepared for the cement.


Here is the cement freshly poured. It makes such a mess when there is work going on, doesn't it?




Then the process of laying the decorative tiles.


Since all the work was accomplished we could start using it and putting furniture on it. We enjoy getting outside and entertaining when weather permits. Below is the table set for company.


This is a little side bar for serving or if needed for extra seating.On one end of the patio we put up a screened gazebo, adding more shade and seating. Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I like the way you have your table set for company. The colors are beautiful.

Celestina Marie said...

WOW your patio and gazebo space are beautiful. I love the table set and the sitting area is so inviting. I love your furniture. What a wonderful yard for a party. I know everyone will have a lovely time.
Have a great evening.
hugs, Celestina
la rea rose

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Wow, from start to finish is amazing! lots and lots of hard work but it's so worth it isn't it?